Applications & Forms
Procedure to Apply:
- Complete and return a Beginning Farmer Application.
- Include supplemental documentation as specified on the application.
- Eligibility requirements and application procedures for the beginner are the same whether you apply for the tax credit, the Personal Property Tax Exemption (PPTE) and/or financial management course cost reimbursement.
- You do not need to rent from someone to be eligible for the PPTE or the financial management course cost reimbursement.
- Complete and return an Asset Owner Application
- Include supplemental documentation as specified on the application
- Asset Owner Application not needed if applying only for the PPTE and/or the financial management course cost reimbursement.
Deadlines to Apply:
- Personal Property Tax Exemption: November 1st of the year preceding the year for which exemptions are sought.
- Financial Management Course Reimbursement: December 31st of the year cost is incurred.
- Tax Credit: December 31st of the year for which tax credit is sought.
(Applicants are highly encouraged to submit applications early in the year.)
- Applications are reviewed for completeness.
- Applicants will be contacted to confirm completeness of applications, or to request additional information.
- Board of Directors reviews applications at periodic board meetings for approval or denial.
- Applicants informed of board decision.
- Personal Property Tax Exemption Certificates sent to approved applicants upon board approval.
- Forms 1099 BFC tax credits for approved beginners for financial management course reimbursement are sent in January.
- Forms 1099 BFC tax credits for approved asset owners are sent in January.